and no screw-ups this time, it’s from the “My Top Rated” playlist!!(which may be a big screw-up on it’s own)
1) Gone – Kanye West (with Cam’Ron & Consequence) – Late Registration
I like this album, though it’s got a couple poor songs on it. This song is one of the best, that AFAIK didn’t have a single.
2) Coma Girl – Joe Strummer+The Mescaleros – Streetcore
Just crank it up, find an excitement gang of your own.
3) 36-24-36 – Violent Femmes – Add It Up
so i have a greatest hits album. sue me. it’s still a fun song. ok, bite me, losers!
4) Civil War – Guns’n’Roses – Use Your Illusion II
I didn’t pay attention to GNR lyrics till i heard this song. That was another WHOA moment for me.
5) Somebody to Love – Queen – Greatest Hits I
Classic stuff, and I still sing along to it. me love multi-tracked choruses!!(still no clash? that’s odd – Ed.)
6) Greatest Mistake – Handsome Boy Modelling School – White People
one of the lowest of my ‘top rated’ at 3 stars, but this one is a great post-makeup(after breakup) song.
7) Let Forever Be – Chemical Brothers – Singles ’93-’03
How many ads has this song been in in that time period? A lot. but it’s still a nice song, even if you’re not doing the LSD that the song references.
8) Let’s Trade Skins – Great Lake Swimmers – Bodies and Minds
From the last album I purchased from emusic, it’s a nice song, if you’re a taxidermist!!(where the hell are the clash already? – Ed.)
9) Shangri-La – The Kinks – The Ultimate Collection
bringing the heavy stuff. i do just want to sit in my shangri-la, if i could just find it.
10) Sound & Vision – David Bowie – Low
BOUNCEYBOUNCEYBOUNCEY. great song. i would play this at every party if i had parties anymore.
Bonus “Why the hell won’t this thing find The Clash anymore?” Track:
11) Little Miss Disaster – The Damned – Little Miss Disaster
Bought this album for a pretty penny here after i read the book Rat Scabies and the Holy Grail. It’s got a nice tune going, the lyrics are great. i urge y’alls to lissenz
wow, i cant believe i went 11 songs without the Clash. actually make it 12. the next song that popped up was ‘She’s the One’ by The Beta Band
when I was in junior high my younger brother got in trouble with my dad for saying “fuck”. My dad refused to believe that my brother hadn’ said it, that it came from the Guns and Roses song he was playing. Literally. He just would not believe that word came from the song.
Greatest hits!?!! I can no longer visit.
The lizard in the text…
the beta band is anti-anopheles as well!