1) Automatic – The Red Devils(Album: King King) Awesome whiteboy blues. that’s not a phrase i use often, or ever, actually. the studio version of the song picks up the tempo a lot more than this realtively mellowed out version.
2) The World You Love – Jimmy Eat World (Futures) I still dont believe I have this album in rotation. Not bad when you’re 19 and involved, but when you’re 24 and single, not so much… stupid emo kids.
3) She’s So Strange – Travis (The Man Who) nice and dreamy song, standard travis fare. nothing ‘especial’ about it.
4) Let Me Down Slow – Rolling Stones (A Bigger Bang) a decent song by anyone else, but this is the freaking Stones we’re talking about. this shark has been jumped many a time.
5) Winnebago Warrior – Mojo Nixon (Dead Kennedys Tribute Album) Very Fun Cover. Fitting tribute to Jello Biafra and his crew.
6) 12:59 Lullaby – Bedouin Soundclash (Street Gospels) Awesome whiteboy reggae music. great song from one of my favourite bands, from a really good album. a little different in tone to their earlier works, but they’re good enough to make it work.
7) Joe’s Head – Kings of Leon (Youth & Young Manhood) a bit of WTF southern rock. i picked this up in a used CD bin in 2004, and fell in love with it instantly.
8) Denis – Blondie (Best of Blondie) It’s Blondie. instant awesomeness. I’m in love with YOU, debbie harry!
9) Little Acorns – The White Stripes (Elephant) YAWTF song. kinda awesome though. save your acorns, bitchez! the housing slump may get you too.
10) I Will See You In Far-Off Places – Morrissey (Ringleader Of The Tormentors) who is this guy? why is he not more popular? what an awesome song. really cool intro to the album, which is quite good in itself.
If your God bestows protection upon you
And if the U.S.A. doesn’t bomb you
I believe I will see you
Looking to the camera
Messing around and pulling faces
and that concludes an edition of cocaine-white random ten.
# 11 was this song, so some whiteness reduced but pretty biased random ten this time.